I’ve sort been procrastinating on this project. I’ve focused more on the drawing than updating this. In a few hours I will post my project.
As for what I chose was the scene in which the split fellowship passed through the Gates of Argonath.
I managed to get most of the outlining of both statues, with a lot of shading, and also the boats carrying Boromir, Aragorn, Frodo, and Sam. I will be continuing the project after it is graded. I have my own form of media, my art, and the internet has changed the way I am able to deliver it. I hope you all enjoy seeing my art updates, because without the help of the internet and blogging websites, my audience would be far more limited. Most importantly, it allows me to access my own art, in order to show people what kind of work I’ve done, regardless of where I am.
I will be starting a new project soon. For a while, my sister has been pestering me to draw her a portrait of her and her favorite horse, Marika. The last horse I drew (link) was for a woman named Becky Buchanan. She’s my sister’s riding instructor and has been since my sister started in about second grade. In fact, I had a year of lessons from her when I was in fifth grade. Marika left just last year, and she’s been wanting me to draw this picture of her with Marika. I’m going to work on getting it done by the end of May, for her birthday (we’re twins).
It will be a tricky project because when I took the picture, I accidentally had the HDR feature on. This causes the camera to take three exposures at a time (in three different brightness levels) and combine them. It creates a nice light filled effect. However, you can see on the ear, places on the bridle, eye, and especially the reins, that they are unusually overlapped. I’ll do my best to cut those extra pieces out.
This was my biggest project yet. It was an auction item in a fundraiser for the Joshua Center (the same place as the one I drew cartoons for last summer). Between this and the pig [link], I raised $1000. This has taken me since last October and it has been my longest and most difficult project. The trees took the most time, they had to precise. Although it seems like the paneling would have been harder, the paneling is simply filler and I just had to get it to look very close. This is my first drawing of any structure or building, and also the most background work I’ve done. I was pleased with the outcome. The barn was a family barn. They are planning on tearing it down due to its state of wear, and they wanted to present the drawing to their father. They said they liked it a lot. In fact, they’re going to salvage wood from the barn with which they will use to make the frame before tearing the barn down. (The photograph is underneath)
If you’ve been following hints about the mystery project, you wont have to wait any longer for it. A few months ago, I was asked by my aunt and uncle to do a portrait. But this portrait, like I said, was drawn for a very important event in most peoples lives. My cousin got married this weekend. He and his wife are both in the Air Force, so I included both the aircraft that they fly. My cousin flies a C130J Hercules cargo plane and his wife flies an HH60 helicopter. I used photoshop to position the cropped aircraft behind them. I then used the template I created to draw from. I feel like it’s my best yet.
Here’s a photo took when I finished.
I will scan the higher-detailed version very soon. I’d love some criticism, too
So I’ve been doing a bit more drawing for Becky Ottinger. However, this time I’ve been working on the computer. So I will post not only pictures of the finished, but also, a couple videos. I used the HyperCam screen recorder to take the videos. I’ll need to find a to speed up the videos. Some skip around because once or twice I would forget to resume recording after getting off task. Anyway I’ll edit them soon and upload them when I can. also, I’m continuing the mystery project but the unveiling wont be for another month or so.
Ok, so it’s been a long week. I spent the past 7 days at the Rotary Youth Camp in Jacomo, Missouri. I was working staff for the Joshua Center for Neurological Disorders as the water-boy. However, one thing led to another, and soon I was the camp artist! Becky Ottinger, the head of the operations, asked me what I wanted to do after high school. I mentioned that I was an artist. I let her visit my website and for about the next twenty minutes, I was watching the reactions of other counselors to my art. From that point, I became the camp artist.
Becky now has me drawing dragons for her board games which she will be marketing to counselors and similar organizations dedicated to teaching social skills. There will be a few board games. Each is attributed about 6 sets of “situation cards” (basically they say, “what would you do if…”). There are categories on hygiene, personal space, bullying, you name it. I have a bunch of sharpied concept drawings for the board games which Becky’s co-worker, Jack Kammert will turn into vector images and colorize.
I also have a set of drawings for a story called,”Zac the Zookeeper”. Another one of Beck’s co-workers, Sarah wrote this story, so that was on my list of things to illustrate. So I have a HUGE collection of drawings of dragons and zebras to scan so I’ll have to find at least 2.5 free hours to do that.
So I’ll get back to you all with that within a few days! And all of the above means expanding and spreading of the word about my art! Which means more business.
Finals ended Wednesday! Hard to believe they were only 4 days ago. Anyway, I’m starting a couple new projects. The first is for a big occasion, done in graphite on 14×17 paper but I can’t say anything more about it. It’s a surprise!
Then next drawing is of a dog named Precious. This was requested by a Deviant, M-Bae on DeviantArt